A downloadable demo
You are an interceptor pilot for the Empire, tasked with screening enemy bombers and fighters from your fleet while leading the charge into theirs. Clear a path for your own bombers to strike at the heart of the Federation's fleets and show them the resolve of the outer colonies!
Amidst an economic crisis for Earth Federation and its core colonies, another invasion campaign has been launched to reclaim the resource rich region known as the Outer Colonies. The colonies of this region had long ago declared independence from the Federation and declared themselves the Iron Wolves Empire. Amidst an era of great reform lead by the newly crowned emperor, the Empire prospers without the heavy regulation and corruption of the Earth government that had long since been what had driven them to declare independence.
- D-Pad: Move ship
- A: Fire standard shots
- B: Fire energy bomb (higher damage, recharges between shots)
- Start: Pause / Start Game (from title screen)
- Select: Invert background palette / Enemy stats (from title screen)
- More music
- More levels
- More enemies
- Improved graphics
- Intro screens for every level (or every few levels as storage permits)
- Improved game over and victory screens
- Color modes for Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance and Super Game Boy
- Possible: Special border for Super Game Boy
This game is distributed as a standard 64KB .GB ROM file which should work on any Game Boy emulator of your choice. It should also work on any MBC5 flashcart if you have your own and want to play it on live hardware. Closer to the final release of the game, I will start producing my own cartridges to sell the game in a physical form, but the ROM itself will be available free of charge on here.
Depending on your emulator or hardware of choice, you might notice the background and HUD are differently colored. This is because there is code in place to invert the palette both of those rely on to assist with visibility on the aging screens of live DMG (grey brick) type Game Boys.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Interceptor Demo update 2020-06-1649 days ago